welcome. everything I write here is something I felt to be important to some degree; game reviews, life updates/vents, and philosophical musings. I do my best to make my statements truthful. everyone is welcome to post comments, provided they are relevant.

4.04.2004

Why do I bother with a blog? It's not like I update it with any frequency, and I don't exactly expect people to read it. But, as long as I remember it exists, I might as well keep posting.

So apparently the secretary at the security office thought when I said "either I need more hours, or I need another job" that I actually meant to say "I wish to teminate my employment, so don't bother giving me any work, k?" I was only privvy to this mistake a month later when I received a record of employment. (fyi, that's what they gives you when you quit. or something. my mom knows that stuff) Anyway, I'm finally getting some work, but the job still sucks and I have no hits on ottawajobshop.ca or monster.ca so things still suck. then my mom starts talking to me again about finding a course i could enroll in again, and coincidentally, the Algonquin College "Source" arrives this morning, so I decide to check things out. There's only one full-time program that sort-of interests me, but it's one of those things where there's one half i'd really enjoy but another half I'd completely dread. So then I stumple upon the "continuing education" section and I re-discover the 3D Game Design program I neglected when looking for a decent game design program. And of course mom is watching what I'm doing because I should have been cleaning my room and she says "ya know, you actually have that much money in savings" and I'm like "oh yeah!" because I'm always so bummed about having almost nothing in my chequing account that I forgot about the money my parents demand I fork over to prove I'm not so much a lazy bum, which is actually the "learn more and get a decent job so you can get the hell out of our house" fund.

So my mom guarantees that she'll keep feeding me and not kicking me out if I try all the courses in one go, or take most of them and keep my job. Guess which one I pick? courses start in May.

No comments: