welcome. everything I write here is something I felt to be important to some degree; game reviews, life updates/vents, and philosophical musings. I do my best to make my statements truthful. everyone is welcome to post comments, provided they are relevant.

11.20.2004

well, you can completely disregard my previous post, because Blizzard is doing a complete wipe of the servers, including all character data. I hear the end of the world was quite spectacular.

Metroid pwns me.

I've been playing Fusion and Zero Mission for a few days now, and they're pretty awesome. Metroids are alien life-forms that feed directly on the life force of living organisms, and are being sought after by an alien race called the Space Pirates as a potential weapon. Zero mission, from what I understand, is a remake of the first Metroid game, and the main character Samus' first adventure. Fusion is essentially Metroid 4, and begins with Samus being infected by something dubbed X, which destroys and mimicks its hosts, and which Metroids used to be the primary predator of. The Metroid-based vaccine used on you gives you the ability to absorb X, but extreme alterations were made to the suit when the X was being removed, and the Metroid vaccine is sensitive to cold. What I love and hate in this game, though, is that the parts of your original suit that were infected by X turn up as a mimic of you... at full power. it's quite something to suddenly run into yourself and have to run like hell. I've gotten pretty far, but I image i've missed quite a bit, and I'm focusing on Zero for a bit.

p.s. they're only rentals right now, I'm still musing over purchasing them. Spyro Orange is a piece of shit.

No comments: