welcome. everything I write here is something I felt to be important to some degree; game reviews, life updates/vents, and philosophical musings. I do my best to make my statements truthful. everyone is welcome to post comments, provided they are relevant.

4.23.2006

games

just because I'be been breaking down aisles and myself the past 3 weeks doesn't mean I've been without games. I got priorities to attend to.

Picked up Kingdom Hearts 2 and played quite a bit of that, but I managed to corrupt my save file in a rush to get out of the house, so now I'm starting over in standard mode. Proud is a fine challenge, but after going through what was probably 1/3rd of the game, I say fuck that. The story is a great continuation of the previous title. Sora and his crew have been in cold sleep for about 2 years and need to find out wtf is going on. A new set of enemies called Nobodies are planning something, but nobody knows what, and the Heartless are still causing some trouble too. Combat is mostly the same, but with a few additions. Reaction commands make for some spectacular turn-arounds in battle, and the new Forms allow for some truly brutal beat-downs. Forms need to be leveled individually in order to unlock handy abilities like the High Jump. There is one two things that really bother me though... the character animations are completely over-emphasised and looks super-fake, even in what is undoubtedly motion-capture. This can only be excused by the fact that there's more worlds available and they couldn't nit-pick the animation with so many scenes. Second, the faces of most Disney characters, like Ariel or Belle, just look wrong.

I also picked up some discount software, Scrapland, where you wander around a robotic civilization in combat ships and investigate murders involving the tampering of a restoration matrix thingy that is supposed to undo the death of any robot in the city. It's pretty nifty.

No comments: