welcome. everything I write here is something I felt to be important to some degree; game reviews, life updates/vents, and philosophical musings. I do my best to make my statements truthful. everyone is welcome to post comments, provided they are relevant.

10.26.2006

belief

the only beliefs that matter are the ones that make the world a friendlier place.

did you see that? i didn't say "better." "better" has been defined in many, even conflicting, ways. the word "better" on its own is what we call V A G U E.

Moving on... true belief is a form of understanding, an interpretation of knowledge and events significant to the believer. forced or embedded "belief" is information that the subject has taken in and accepted as fact, wether it is true, untrue, or wholly irrelevant to life.

Now for my own belief: the *proper worship of god(s), God, or some higher being, is much like aspiring towards an ideal. let's face it, humanity hasn't exactly gotten its act together, and it would be nice if there was something better to look up to. The way I see it, God is supposed to be a euphemism for "humanity, except friendlier."

Granted, I have done extremely little research on religions and their gods, who's worshipping who and why. The majority of my experience with religion is shaking my head at people who pray to "the father, the son, and the holy ghost" before and after every step they take in life, evangelists, and G. W. Bush.

done for now... if I don't get comments on this post, I don't know what will
(fyi, putting a * next to a word in online chat rooms marks a correction)

No comments: