welcome. everything I write here is something I felt to be important to some degree; game reviews, life updates/vents, and philosophical musings. I do my best to make my statements truthful. everyone is welcome to post comments, provided they are relevant.

12.16.2006

Rayman: Raving Rabbids on PS2 - 5/10

if you're familiar with the Rayman series of games, I advise you to forget about it. There is no real adventure here, and very little action. This one is all about mini-games and multiplayer.

The game starts with Rayman enjoying a little picnic with the Globoxes, when suddenly the little guys are yanked underground by some of the most bizzarre-looking rabbits you'll ever see. Rayman is then dragged off by a giant black rabbit and tossed into an arena with four open paths and a gate, surrounded by an angry audience of rabbits. After completing three of the four challenges, the gate opens to a final challenge, where you can win a ... plunger. you're then escourted back to your cell.

multiply that by 15, and you have the entire game. how a bunch of plungers help you, well, I don't want to spoil the whole plot... >_>

Despite the lack of depth, it has entertainment value in the simplicity and absurdity of the games. while most of them involve abusing bunnies to some degree, each stage features a 2-button rythm game of increasing difficulty (my favourite kind). the biggest drawback in the entire game is the LOAD TIMES, at least on the PS2. it is my understanding that the game is available for all systems in some form. Gamespot confirms my suspicion that it was made for the Wii - the controls kinda suck, but it's still enjoyable.

No comments: